Monday, April 10, 2006

Ugh. Retraction Action

Time: 7:30p.m.
Weather: Unbearably Hot.
Mood: Eh. I'm killin' time.
Number Dead: None, although I've contemplated a few today...
Bullets Remain: 98

And the wheels fell off of the wagon. Wow. I cannot believe that I wasted a post yesterday on defending "A Million Little Pieces!" I have been happily reading this book and as I said yesterday, I have been living and loving the lies in it.

Then I got to the big dick contest. Or, what my grandmother lovingly calls the "small man syndrome."

This book has been awesome and then last night Frey went to the dentist. Not only was the dialogue forced and contrived, it was obviously false and exaggerated. I am guilty of exaggerations as much as the next fella or lady. As a matter of fact, I am prone to be the exaggerator, especially if I am wound up about something, but this guy is unreal. Every other night that I have picked up the book, I have barely been aware of the controversy. I just sucked back into the world of the story. Then, like a puppy that starts performing tricks for company, I became akwardly aware of the fiction.

This book is really something to behold. Do like I did and find someone to borrow it from or find your library card and go get it. Too much fun.

In another stroke of interestingness(yes I do reserve the right to make up my own words), I found James Frey's blog. If you want to read his comments about the Smoking Gun report, check it out here. Follow the link and then scroll down the page. Is anyone else cracking up about the fact that his website name is "Big Jim Industries?" I guess I wasn't too far off with the "Jimmy" stuff yesterday...

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate Mc said...

Wow. I am SO out of touch, and even I've heard about the controversy over this one. Sorry to hear the grand lie ain't so grand after all. BUT, hey, at least you didn't pay for it.

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home