Monday, February 20, 2006

Conumer Product Warnings


It has been a lovely 3 day holiday for me. I am thankful sometimes that Oklahomans are scared of the snow and ice because if I were in Kansas, I would have been teaching today. But I held strong, and I had faith that I wouldn't be teaching today. So, as genderist's post has already proclaimed, we put together a puzzle last night. I had the last of it to put together myself, and I was bound and determined to put it together this morning. I decided when I finished it, that it might be something fun to glue and hang in the bathroom, as the whole house seems to be lacking in artwork right now. So I set off this morning to finish the puzzle. I must say that working alone is alot harder than I had imagined, especially since last night, Genderist was kind enough to seperate colors and hand them to me to piece together. This morning, I felt like I might as well be trying to cogugate verbs, because it took me four hours to do less than half of the rest of the puzzle. There's something substantially less satisfying when you are only high-fiving the dog when you find a really important puzzle piece. But patience persisted, and needless to say, I finished the puzzle. It looks great! But...just like any classic puzzler's worst nightmare, there's a piece missing. Right above those two yellow pillows. A piece of blue. I was even motivated to clean the entire house, which I did, but still to no avail, the piece is still missing. It is gone. It was worse than the Simpson's episode where the Simpson's decide to put together a puzzle and they miss the James Taylor or Paul McCartney piece...I'm just saying, be careful when you put together your next puzzle and know that those damn pieces end up everywhere.

So, after the puzzle drama, I decided that I would listen to the dog's request, and continue watching the 1st season of 24. Until today, I have only seen the 1st three episodes. It has been good, but not a necessity for me to watch, not like Lost. So I watched the 4th episode, I was starting to get hooked and by the time I made it to the 2nd dvd, I was completely sucked into the hell that is 24. Watch out. It is true, you can't watch just one episode and I'm really addicted. I am thankful that I have the dvd's right now, and that I don't have to waste my time on commercials, I don't know if my blood pressure could stand the 5 minutes in between moments of drama. I am interested in who else has seen this show, because I am pumped up about the show and I am looking for someone to talk to about it! Even as I sit here now, I am trying to decide whether or not to skip wrestling tonight in favor of more 24. I have to know how this day ends, but I know that the moment I put the next dvd in that I will be forced to watch the next disc and then I'll never get any school work done. Ah, well. I've been lazy before...

5 Comments:

Blogger Kate Mc said...

Wow. Skipping wrestling for 24. Hardcore.

I've seen seasons 1 and 2... unfortunately I missed the last few seasons (aired while I had night classes) and haven't had the budget to buy the DVDs yet.

1:32 AM  
Blogger bad shoe guy said...

I made the mistake (if you can call it that) of watching 24 when I was working for Blockbuster and we got free rentals. Admittedly, the hour long show is only about 40 minutes after you take out all the commercials, so the season only really takes up 18 hours, but I still have some pride/shame for watching the first season in under 2 days. Those two days consisted of eating, going to the bathroom and watching Jack Bauer kick ass. Sadly, no round house kick related deaths.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Unequivocal_Prowess said...

I am so happy to see you here! It's like you have a voice now, I'm thrilled...

I think there really should be Jack Bauer jokes now, 'cause to me he could kick chuck norris' ass any day...

Anybody who could "shoot" a former lover in the face is the man of my dreams. Move over Detective Vic Mackey, there's a new man in town.

But, not really Vic. Don't leave my dreams. You know I still love you...

3:02 PM  
Blogger genderist said...

Me, too, bad shoe guy -- we watched the first season in under two days. Hook, line, sinker... and now we're watching the season that's on tv right now.

3:58 PM  
Blogger the count said...

It's nice to know that the dog plans your evenings when I'm out of town, too, not just when we're all present and accounted for.

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home