Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Exploring New Skin

We decided to go to the fair in celebration of all of the "salt of the Earth" folk who typically visit the state fair.

We hadn't been in years, long before Count and I started dating, it was time for an Indian Taco.

The husband wanted a sign. A pretty little sign for the yard to advertise for the next president. Having finally made up my mind about this upcoming election, I told him we could get one.

There was a catch, there alway is.

We had to register to vote to get the signs. And we are both registered to vote. So I decided to do something I have known I've needed to do for years, and I switched political parties. Just like that, done. And, we got the signs.

But since then I've felt icky. Mother flipped, as mothers always do. The whole breaking-with-family-tradition thing. I thought at 27 I would avoid this backlash, but I guess a parent is never proud when you "rebel."

I know I made the right choice, but it is a strange closure for me and a strange thought that I am actually shifting groups. And I don't like all of the new people in this group.

And then I watched the VP debates and knew without a doubt that I had made a good choice.

And then I saw the debate last night and now all of the sudden I am not so sure.

Is it possible that I might actually be an undecided voter? Or am I just undecided about switching parties? I really need someone strong to just tell me more than what I already know so I can make the decision I was comfortable making 24 hours ago.

And, as I noted, the sign was stolen 24 after we placed it. Go America.

3 Comments:

Blogger BDFish said...

I just want Hillary...was that so hard.....I really wanted to vote for a Democrat this time.....Don't know if that's going to happen.

5:01 PM  
Blogger genderist said...

Wow. I feel like we should totally celebrate... have some kind of official changing-party-party.

Welcome to the dark side!

4:41 AM  
Blogger bad shoe guy said...

Are you still on the fence about it? And what was it about the debates that made you hesitate? For crying out loud, I thought you were a professional debate evaluator.

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home