Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Retraction And the End of the Whole Mess

While I'm not one for going back, especially after the post like the one I put forth last night, I will say that I recieved a post from Antique-esse. It was a description of how I was mistaken in the way that I interpreted comments that were made to my fat bet post. In response, I will say this: First, I didn't intend to the delete the original comments that you made to this blog. In fact, I read and re-read the comments that you made, trying to interpret them in any other way in an effort to understand why someone would be rude and yet pleasant at the same time. I stand by what I said last night. The comments that I made to you were rude and offensive, and I intended them to be because what was said hurt. Before I decided to lash out with the angriest post that I have managed in history, I will say that my first thought was to delete the comment and then forget about it. My bad. But I do not feel that I, in any way, re-interpreted the quotes that were posted by you to my website. They were almost word for word. I can't apologize for my anger and I stand by everything that I said, but if I have been mistaken this entire time, and I have truly grossly misrepresented another person's statements, then it is wrong for me not to apologize. If that is the case, then it is I who owes the apology, and not you. I've never been as pissed off as I was last night, and honestly, I can't say that I'm not still pretty pissed off now. But when you are around people night and day who criticize you for who you are and what you believe, it becomes more and more likely that you are less likely to believe that others have a benevolent intent when they make strange statements that somehow amount to something less offensive than what they were. If this doesn't make fucking sense to any of you, sorry, it barely makes sense to me. For the sake of all of this being over, I will say that if someone like Antique-esse can be the kind of person to read all of the shit that I posted last night, and still manage to respond with a kind and gentle "I'm sorry," then I suppose it means that I, too am rational enough to say that if there was a misinterpretation on my part, that I have behaved like an ass. For the sake of the four of you that did read my anger last night, I am sorry if what I said was truly a misunderstanding. For the sake of equality, I too deleted all of my comments from last night, in hopes that only the few people that viewed my blog will be the only ones who remeber it. I am ready to move on, and still for the sake of what's best, I understand if you never even come back to read all of this. It's times like these that I think back to the rage post and I remember why I abandoned all of my anger in the first place. I give up. From here on out, a much nicer girl...

1 Comments:

Blogger genderist said...

You know when you're with a group of people and somebody makes an inside joke -- and everybody acts like they get it but you? But you try to look like you get it because you don't want to be the only person who doesn't know what's going on?

Yeah. That's where I am now.

But it looks like it should work out. Let's all hold hands and say we're sorry...

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home