Tuesday, June 27, 2006

So I'm driving the short bus

Coming to you from camp day two. Some really awesome developments have come to my attention that I was just dying to share. No sarcasm, really awesome developments:

1. The air conditioner works so well, I shook through the night. This may seem to have a hint of the s in it, but seriously, it's been so hot here that all of the AC is bomb.

2. The shower is like standing under a waterfall. Thousands of gallons of water wasted, but the free massage on my back is great.

3. We have free wireless! Whoo hoo! And it works!

4. We found a refrigerator in our room! Jyessssssss! All of my beverages are icy cold. Now, I can get some sandwhich meat and eat good food instead of the crap downstairs.

I knew some things about this place had to kick ass...

BUT, back to business. I had to go judge my first debate round this morning. It brought me comfort that I didn't hear anything except for the commonly bad debates that I normally hear. For some reason, I expected to see superstars that would intimidate me, and that wasn't the case.

I did have one girl who cried. I was looking for her because every year there's the girl who cries and who "just wants to go home!" and I found her. I let her snuggle in my bosom and then I went to go find the camp administration to get this little gem into my lab. The Mommie Lab, the novices, the newbies, the greehorns, if you will. And Big Brother said...NO. They said that they would create a novice lab (but wait isn't that supposed to be me?) inside of the advanced lab because those kids paid money for 3 weeks, not 2 1/2, so crying girl will have to tough it out with the big kids. Better news? I will have advanced kids in my lab who have no business being there who will have to stay in novice because that's what they paid to be in. Is there a "money has corrupted the fabric of our society" rant needed here, or is it just implied?

In the end, I am driving the short "you only paid to be here for 2 1/2 weeks and not 3" bus. And instead of having the cute kids with the slanty eyes and the special gifts, I have the norms, the normies, the grab bag special. I'll still love them, and I can't help but think my kids will still have a good time. My bus may be short, but we're re-naming it the party bus from here on...I get kids first on Wednesday, so I'll let you know how it goes.

P.S. It's great to be back!

1 Comments:

Blogger genderist said...

Excellent... Have a great short bus party! I'll be thinking about you while I'm loving on the cat and chasing beeping machines!

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home