Sunday, August 06, 2006

One Year

It was one year ago today that Kasey and I were married. I've been waiting for this day just so that I had a good reason to share some of the wedding pictures. About this time in the morning last year, I had discovered that one of the cakes was missing strawberries. One of my friends, I actually just found out, went across town to retrieve the strawberries from a bakery. I was alone for about an hour while the rest of the girls got their hair done. I still don't know why, but for 48 hours I cried. I have never been so scared. I don't know why, I guess a part of me knew I was growing up.

When I woke up the day of the wedding, I wasn't crying anymore and I was calm, even through the strawberry incident. Kasey, on the other hand, was apparently freaking out. Bridesmaids kept coming in to inform us that he was pacing the halls. He now tells me that because everyone saw that he was nervous, so they kept crowding around him, when all he wanted was some alone time to settle his nerves. This is where I keep thinking about how big of a lie this picture is. He wasn't happy go lucky here, he was scared, too.

The ceremony and the rest of the day went off without any problems. I wish I could post the pictures of Kasey and I shoving cake into my brother-in-law's face, (which is what we did in lieu of shoving it in each other's face), or even the retaliation that he brought upon us right after the toast. But we do have a Bed and Breakfast to report to today, so I guess I can't spend all day re-living last year's event when we have festivities to attend.

I never thought I would say that it's a year later and it still feels brand new. It still feels awesome to have a day to share with someone. I can't imagine what year 2 or year 27 will feel like, but I know that today I am pumped to still be sharing my life with Kasey. And I think this is probably enough mushiness to make everyone sick, so I'm gonna go now. Maybe I'll spend the next post talking about our experience at my in-laws 30th anniversary and how I ate lamb fries, one of which still had some testicular tubing in it...Apparently, there's still a big difference between the 1st and the 30th anniversary...

5 Comments:

Blogger BDFish said...

Happy Anniversary!

12:09 PM  
Blogger genderist said...

Congrats... and know that #3 is still just as fun...

12:20 PM  
Blogger Kate Mc said...

Wow. You looked beautiful! Happy anniversary, and I wish you all the best for many more happy years.

12:44 PM  
Blogger bipin said...

hey , congratulations on your first. you look great and both of you make a great couple. Keep it rolling...

12:16 PM  
Blogger bad-journalist.blogspot.com said...

Congratulations- those are very good pictures by the way.

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home